Parkview Baptist Chapel was organized in November of 1956. when a group of people held Sunday school in the home of Mr. & Mrs. Eugene Skinner. Rev. T.J. Ellis, then a member of Eastside Baptist, was the preacher at the first worship service.
Parkview was organized into a church on December 9, 1957. The educational building was completed and the first service held on Easter Sunday of 1957. At that time, the church had 73 members. On the first Sunday of November, 1957, the first service was held in our present sanctuary with a membership of 132.
Parkview grew steadily through the years and additional educational space was provided by the purchase of the Custer house and the property at 609 Parkview Place. In 1989, a new family life center was added along with classroom and office space.
Parkview over the years has help start and/or sponsor several missions. In 1969, the church began a new work on Old Polk City Road which is now Crestview Baptist church.
Our current Parkview family truly appreciates the sacrifices and dedication of those who came before us. We do not want to ever take it for granted and desire to carry on the vision and mission that began in the hearts of a few committed believers.
Parkview Baptist: Mission-Minded and Mission-Driven